Whats for breakfast?

Egg White omelette with Spinach and fat free cottage cheese:


I use to screech 'Ewwww' when someone mentioned eating an egg white omelette.
To me the egg whites where the yuky gooey parts and all the 'yummy' was in the yolk.
I didn’t realise that I was completely wrong and I now in fact find the egg yellow powdery, this was only until I had one prepared for me.

Its a small lifestyle change but a great one.
The calories you cut out are scary and the nutritional benefits are great! Not even taking the cholesterol into consideration.

Egg yolk calories :    1347 kj per 100g
Egg white calories:     218kj per 100g


WHOLE BOILED EGG WITH YELLOW




EGG WHITE ONLY. NOTE 0% FAT
             










Egg white omelette's are DELICIOUS if you cook them correctly!
My mom use to eat my yellows until I introduced her 'none-obsessive-health' self to the egg white omelette.
Now she loves it!

DO TRY IT! It doesn't hurt to try...

Beside, if you feel u are 'wasting' the yellow in these economic days.
Feed the yellow  to your dog, its great for them! READ THE LINK BELOW.
My Rottweiler's 'coat' and skin is beautiful from the odd egg yellow:

 

RECIPE: Egg White Spinach and fat free cottage cheese omelette:

Ingredients:

4 egg whites
50g fresh baby spinach. I prefer it fresh. You may steam it.
125g fat free cottage cheese
olive oil Cooking spray
spices and salt to taste
balsamic reduction for deco and extra flavour (OPTIONAL)

 

Directions:


  • Separate eggs.
  • In a mixer or with a hand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form(nice and fluffy).

  • Spray some cooking spray on the bottom and sides of a small frying pan.
  • Place your fluffy egg whites into the frying pan.
  • Cook on medium high heat until you see the bottom of the omelet turn golden brown.
  • Top with the spinach and cottage cheese.
  • Flip one half of the omelette over the other and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
  • Slide onto a plate and enjoy.

OPTIONAL:Have it with a side of  Healthy low GI Bread or a 1/4 avo.

DOG Egg benefits quoted from eHow

  • The fats found in egg yolks are beneficial to canine skin and fur. Cholesterol doesn't affect dogs the same way as it does people, and the cholesterol in egg yolks is beneficial to the dog's skin and coat, encouraging a shiny, lustrous appearance. The vitamins in egg yolks provide a nutritional boost for dogs. The vitamin A found in egg yolks benefits the eyes and keeps the body's mucous membranes moist. Vitamin D helps dogs absorb calcium, which in turn promotes bone health. Vitamin E found in egg yolks protects the body's tissues and encourages healthy red blood cell formation. Vitamin K is essential to the body's blood clotting mechanism. All of these vitamins are essential for canine well-being and must be derived from the dog's food.
  • Although to much fat is not good for them, the amount in a  4 egg white omlette is safe.
Read more: Is Egg Yolk Good for Dogs? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8658115_egg-yolk-good-dogs.html#ixzz23V20bbLt



Comments

  1. I have a similar recipe, but its one large egg and 3 egg whites. I will definitely try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! I am totally addicted. You can change the filling as you prefer. Sometimes I use broccoli, other times I use tomato. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey friends :). Thanks for viewing my BLOG. Please leave a comment...

Popular Posts